PBVM Communications Manager
Reports to: President
Salary Range: $50 – 60K, depending on experience
The responsibility of the Communications Manager is to coordinate communications primarily to external audiences and occasionally within the community. Assists the organization in maintaining a positive identity with its publics through print publications and online presence (website, emails and social media).
- Regularly researches and creates content about the Congregation’s activities, individual sisters and associates, and other areas of interest.
- Manages the website, external email and social media channels.
- Coordinates with the Office Manager on internal communications as needed.
- Oversees the use of the Presentation logo, style, on-line presence, and other “branding” elements.
- Oversees the writing, editing, and production process of Congregational publications such as the Alumnae Newsletter, brochures, and other printed materials.
- Coordinates with members on capturing images and photographs Development and Congregational events as needed.
- Provides resources and production aid for special events such as programs, mass booklets, or other printed materials for special Congregational events.
- Provide support for publications and media contacts for other Congregational departments such as Association, Development, and Justice.
- Coordinates with the Development function to support communications with donors
- Coordinates with the Archives function to include archival content in communications
- Serves as the manager for the website, which includes updating content, maintaining or updating website functionality and working with external contractors on front-end or back-end programming needs.
- Coordinates and develops content for social media channels and regular e-mails for external audiences.
- Work with sponsored ministries as needed.
- Finalizes and sends out obituaries of Sisters of the Presentation to all channels, including Catholic and public newspapers.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the President or Administrator.
- Develops and manages the annual budget for communications.
- Creates and provides content for various Conference of Presentation Sisters publications including E-News the Conference of Presentation Sisters (COPS) necrology.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field required
- Three to five years of successful communications management experience
- Ability to work independently and be a functional member in a team oriented and participatory style of decision-making environment
- Possesses excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with photography and videography preferred
- Willing to learn and commit to the culture and mission of the Sisters of the Presentation and to work within the values and traditions of this congregation.
- Possess high levels of initiative, flexibility, confidentiality, and collaboration in carrying out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with others, including those with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills; and to facilitate effective collaboration through the use of problem-solving skills; conflict management, and other appropriate strategies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please use the button below to submit an applicant interest form. Once the form is submitted you will be asked to email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to complete your application.
Priority will be given to completed applications received by 5:00 PM PDT on May 10, 2021.