Our kitchen staff was recognized as a Band of Angels in October, 2021
Sisters of the Presentation is an equal opportunity employer with more than 30 staff members serving in various capacities including nursing, maintenance, professional administration, food service, housekeeping and much more. The Sisters of the Presentation offer a positive, inspiring, growth-oriented work environment reflected in their spirit of hospitality. Our employees experience a nurturing work environment committed to the values of service and hospitality. We offer full-time and part-time positions throughout the year.
Current Job Openings
Life Enrichment Coordinator, part-time
The Life Enrichment Coordinator (LEC) is responsible for organizing, scheduling, promoting, facilitating, directing, assessing and evaluating the activities and excursions for Sisters of the Presentation to enhance our residents’ independence and quality of life, in accordance with organization mission, vision, and values.
The Sisters of the Presentation, San Francisco have a long-time commitment to and experience in teaching, serving the poor, and protecting the environment. Though the ways we participate in ministry are changing, we remain engaged in learning, advocating, and encouraging others to “bring forth a sustainable society founded on respect for the earth, universal human rights, economic justice, and a culture of peace.” Sisters currently live in locations across the Bay Area and beyond; the majority reside in our Motherhouse in San Francisco, where this position is located.
- Take the lead in providing an interesting, creative and rewarding social atmosphere throughout the building. Promoting resident participation through regularly scheduled high-quality activities, excursions, special events, guest speakers, movie showings, exercise sessions, establish games, art and creativity opportunities, spiritual and educational classes and more.
- Regular assess individuals and evaluate the program goals for efficacy.
- Communicate effectively and display tact and friendliness when dealing with Sisters, families, visitors, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, Sisters, and guests, following established safety standards.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in area related to field (recreational therapy, expressive arts therapy, psychology, health care, geriatrics, social work, or recreation administration) required.
- Two years’ experience working with older adults with dementia or a related population, preferred.
- Excellent group leadership skills, organizational and communication skills, required.
- Creative, flexible, energetic, enthusiastic, resourceful, self-motivated, innovative thinker, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively, independently and within an interdisciplinary team-work approach, required.
- Must be sensitive to varying levels of cognitive, physical and emotional health, required.
- Ability to work with people of diverse background, culture, religion, etc., required.
- Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint etc.) Zoom and more.
- Covid-19 Vaccinated (and subsequent boosters).
- Must pass a Criminal Background check and Health Screening tests, including COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test within 72 hours of start date.
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week. To apply, please complete this form, then send a resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department as indicated. Thank you for your interest!